Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday. Canadian Celebrity Portrait!



I'm glad the Blogger server is in a different time zone than me (or maybe I just need to adjust time zone settings?) because it is seemingly much more forgiving of my late drawing days.
Anyway,one of my ideas yesterday was to do some mini portraits of my favorite CANADIAN celebrities! I get so excited over some of these people and the fact that they give me a twinge of canadian pride is a cool part of that. Anyway, this is Jian Ghomeshi who is the host of a CBC radio show called Q that focusses mainly on musicians, but covers other topics as well. He's actually in the news right now for an interview, but he's been hosting the show for a couple of years now and has had many really great interviews and guest singers. ALSO he was the host of the Canada Day celebrations in London when I was there!
I did this drawing by finding one of his interviews on youtube and pausing it at a good moment to get a screen capture. the cap can be seen here: screen cap.
hope all is well with you guys. :)
PS- should I make this a day of the week thing? like, portrait of famous/infamous person on thursdays? hmmmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. For the next one can you draw what he sounds like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you watched his interview with Modbox? Billi Bob Thorton was being all r-tarded and lolzy.

    ReplyDelete